Fall is in the air! It’s my most favorite season: fall season, football season, the beginning of the holiday season and even pumpkin spice season! No matter what you call it, it brings about change for all of us! It brings fall rain, cold winds and outside sports and bonfires where you need bundle up. But, with the winter months coming, so does the sniffles, flu and weather related accidents… so let’s get ready now. It’s an easy annual reminder, when you go to buy your Halloween trick-or-treat candy run through the self care isle and pick up items for the unknown cough, colds and winter storms.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Cough and cold medicine (don’t forget to throw out the old and outdated medicine when you get home.)
- Cough drops
- Regular and baby aspirin or fever reducer
- Disinfectant spray for cleaning
- Candles with lighter (Store them together so you can find them in case of a storm)
- New Batteries and don’t wait to replace them in your flashlights
- For small injuries, don’t forget instant ice packs and ace bandages so you can keep swelling down until you get proper help.
- Lastly, don’t forget to update and post your family doctor and look up your nearest urgent care facility.
I’m sure there is so much more we could list out but this is a good start. I hope your fall season is full of “treats” but just in case your “tricks” get you in trouble… you’ll be a bit more prepared!